Please note! : due to notice requirements and change in availability of venue the AGM has been rescheduled.
Ice Skating SA
South Australian Ice Skating Association Inc
ABN 24 549 424 300
PO Box 125, Oaklands Park, SA 5046
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING: revised notice
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the South Australian Ice Skating Association Incorporated A8573 (Association) will now be held at Sport SA, Military Road, West Beach at 7:00pm on Monday 7 December 2020. Reading time will commence at 6:30pm.
Note that due to COVID-19 restrictions registration is essential and numbers may be limited.
Register your attendance or apology here
- To confirm the minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting held on Thursday 30 May 2019.
- To receive and consider the Financial reports, President’s report and Auditor’s report.
- To consider, and if thought fit, to pass the resolutions under rule 7 of the Association’s Constitution conferring Honorary Life Membership on members nominated by the Board. These resolutions are set out under the heading ‘Honorary Life Membership Resolutions”.
- To consider any Other General Business, subject to compliance with rules 51 and 52 of Constitution.
Motions for ordinary business may be submitted no later than 5.00pm 27 Nov 2020.
- To appoint the Honorary Auditor.
- Election of Officers & Board Members.
Appointment of two scrutineers.
Declaration of the result of the election.
HONORARY LIFE MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTIONS
FIRST HONORARY LIFE MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION
“That pursuant to rule 7 of the Association's Constitution, Nicola Reese, is elected to Honorary Life Membership of the Association.”
SECOND HONORARY LIFE MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION
“That pursuant to rule 7 of the Association's Constitution, Moira Henningsen, is elected to Honorary Life Membership of the Association.”
Explanatory Notes to members regarding the Honorary Life Membership Resolutions
- To be passed the Honorary Life Membership Resolutions must each receive votes in their favour from a majority of members who are present and entitled to vote. Refer to the General Notes below regarding members eligible to vote.
- The Board recommends that Nicola Reese and Moira Henningsen be elected as Honorary Life Members for their outstanding service to the Association.
Eligibility to vote:
Eligibility is covered in rules 7, 9, 58. 59 & 60 of the SAISA Constitution.
Members who are entitled to vote on resolutions and in elections are current financial members or Honorary Life Members of SAISA who are 18 years of age or older and who appeared on SAISA's register of members at least 6 months prior to the AGM.
Club representatives, provided they meet the requirements of SAISA membership and appointment by the club, are entitled to vote on resolutions with one vote each. The club representative may also vote as an individual SAISA member provided they meet the voting requirements as above.
Associate membership does not confer any voting rights.
Only individual members meeting the voting requirements are eligible to vote in elections therefore the club representative does not vote for the club in SAISA Board elections.
SAISA Constitution v 12 March 2018 (see clauses 47 - 63 for General Meeting requirements)
Notice of AGM 2020
Agenda for AGM 2020
Nomination Form AGM 2020
Nominations shall be posted on this website 3 days prior to the meeting (Constitution clause 54)
The nominations received by 27 November are:
Vice-President: Chelsea Skene - Elected
Hon. Secretary: Moira Henningsen - Elected
Board Member 1: Lynn O'Reilly - Elected
Board Member 2: Pamella Swan - W/D